about
Broke Girl Bible
I'm a 21 year old girl from Detroit, Michigan and I'm broke! On my blog you will find DIY projects, recipes, beauty tips, product reviews and a lot of other fun and easy tips! You can contact me with requests, comments, questions, or anything! And feel free to use the Tag Board to chat!

Archive Contact Me Tag Board
Monday, May 28, 2012
Cheap, Easy, Fabric Refresher! posted at 4:16 AM

This is an easy mixture to capture and neutralize odor on furniture, carpet, pillows and any kind of fabric around your home. I live with lots of "interesting" smells thanks to multiple pets! This mixture neutralized all the funkiness! The smell the spray left behind wasn't overpowering and masking the odor,it was just a subtle, calming scent. It worked great! Cost: You should have all or most of these items already around the house! Supplies: Empty spray bottle (I cleaned out an empty travel-sized bottle of Downy Wrinkle Release that I had laying around), Fabric Softer (I used Snuggle Wild Orchid & Vanilla Kisses), HOT tap water, Rubbing Alcohol, Baking Powder.
Steps: Pour 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1 teaspoon rubbing alcohol into your empty spray bottle. Judging by the size of your bottle, fill 1/4 of the bottle with fabric softener. Fill the rest of the bottle with HOT tap water. Put the lid back on the bottle, shake, and spray!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,